Fire Emblem: Lucius

Considering I had nothing to do in the summer of 2022, I figured I'd continue perfecting my 3D skills. This time around I finally braved myself to do full body modeling, and just like all my ideas, this one came to me in the middle of the night - ''I want to model Lucius Fire Emblem ''

I went through multiple reference materials, namely his designs, and I settled on Itagaki Hako's art from the mobile game Fire Emblem Heroes. It was pretty and detailed. And I like making things harder for myself subconsciously.


Modeling him was a trip, since he was literally the first I wont be using any guides for. Or at least try to.
I managed to rig him successfully, however the hardest part was probably the clothing. Especially the coat around the shoulders. I kept trying to make it follow the arms for when I lift them up, but the skeleton said no, and I gave up on that after several days of nerves. So I settled with posing the skeleton and then adjusting the clothing by hand to fit the scene.

One thing I often avoided was texture painting. I had to touch on that this time though, so I figured out the system of taking a picture of the thing I want textured, then importing it to Photopea, then reimporting the image as a texture. The things I textured myself in this model were the eyes, the belt and the belt's decor. I'm especially proud with myself for managing to recreate that round thing on the belt. Man that looks good.
Render gallery: